Tuesday 2 October 2012

Photo Shoot: Rule of Thirds

 
 
 
A dead sunflower on the fence near the vegetable garden. This picture was taken on October 2nd, 2012. My emphasis was to focus on the giant sunflower because I liked how the flower was set up. I used the Rule of Thirds by placing the sunflower on the right vertical line on the grid.

 
A lovely pink flower and a small bud about to bloom. This picture was taken on October 2nd, 2012 outside the school in a vegetable garden. My emphasis was to focus on the bud and make it clear and unique.  The pink flower in the background was also part of my emphasis to attract the bud and make the picture stand out more. I used the Rule of Thirds by placing the pink flower on the left vertical and top horizontal line (on a focal point). The bud is on the bottom horizontal line on the right vertical line (on a focal point).

 
Three different colours of tomatoes in the tomato patch. This picture was taken on October 2nd, 2012 outside the school. My emphases was to focus on the tomatoes (mainly the red one) because I thought the way the colours were set up from least ripe to most ripe was unique. The red tomato is on the top horizontal line on the grid near the right vertical line (in the focal point).

 
Bug eaten cabbage in the school's vegetable garden. This picture was taken on October 2nd, 2012. My emphases on this picture was to focus on the centre of the cabbage where the colour is most light. I placed the centre part (the lightest part of the cabbage) on the focal point of the top horizontal line and the right vertical line.
 
 
A stem with four green leaves attached to it on the cement floor. This picture was taken on October 2nd, 2012 outside the school. My emphases on this picture was to focus on the shape of the leaves and make it interesting. I used the Rule of Thirds for this picture by placing the object on the right vertical line on the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment